Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 Already...

I had an amazing 2010, it is hard to see it go, but I am looking forward to this new year and what it might bring.  I am starting the Northside Fitness Challenge tomorrow.  Nervous but very excited to finally be doing something for myself and my health.  I know now that I am doing this for me and no one else.  I am taking control of my life and fighting for my health.  After being diagnosed with severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea in October of 2009 I went on a CPAP machine and now a year and three months later I have lost 70 pounds and I am feeling so much better. 

Another wonderful thing that happened in 2010 was having one of my dreams come true.  I published my novel "Face the Rain".  Twenty-five years in the making, in April I finally held the first printed copy of my book in my hands and I couldn't believe it.  It still seems so surreal.  Through this experience I have made so many new friends and traveled around promoting my novel.  I have more things planned in 2011.  It has been so rewarding for me and knowing that my words are reaching other people makes me very happy.  I can't wait to finish my second book which I have titled "Ocean Rose".  Right now I have six chapters finished, I hope it doesn't take another twenty-five years to finish it. 

So many exciting things to look forward to.  My sister has found happiness at last with a wonderful man and they will be getting married in May.  He proposed to her just before Christmas it was so romantic.  My little sister and her kids are everything to me and I am so happy they now have Chris in their lives.  I love you, my big little brother, welcome to the family.

I am going to write more on this blog.  Keep a 'journal' of my experience with the fitness challenge and with my book.  I will also post photos and other random bits of whatever pops into my head.  I hope you will visit and leave comments.  Thank you!!!   

1 comment:

  1. A publisher I know, Cliff Johnson, who owns "Misty Peak Publishing" sent me a book by pdf that he was thinking about publishing. He wanted my opinion of the book. I am a book reviewer.

    After I finished reading it, I told Cliff he would be crazy not to publish this book. Very seldom does a book touch my heart and soul. I told Cliff if he did not publish this book, that I knew of others who would. Since Cliff is a very smart man the rest is history.

    The book is wonderful and I will look forword to this authors next book. I hope it is not long.

    Sandra Heptinstall
    Whispering Winds Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete