Sunday, January 23, 2011

Despite the pain, I finished!!!!

Although my foot is on ice and I am using crutches to get around the house, I am very proud of myself for finishing the one mile walk yesterday.  On my last lap of the walk I stepped down wrong on my heel and heard a pop...it started hurting immediately and I made it another half a lap before being forced to sit down.  Doc Steph came over and checked it out.  I told her that I wanted to try and finish the walk.  I got up and she walked with me to the finish line.  I did it in just over 32 minutes.  I walked home and took off my shoes and sat down.  The pain got worse throughout the day and it still hurts so bad that I can't put much weight on it.  I am not giving up though I am struggling with frustration...I refuse to give up.  I will not go back to where I was. 

1 comment:

  1. I believe in you and know you will not give up. You are a winner!!

    Love ya,

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete